Hey! Great to see you reading the fresh edition of the ProCEEd > Newsletter!
Check out the latest stories from the region—Sberbank giving a sizeable loan to Gett, Readdle releasing its Spark email client for Mac, Yandex readying a few new products, and much more.
Enjoy reading, and have a great week!
On-demand ride service Gett receives $100M loan from Russia’s Sberbank
Ukraine’s Readdle has released its Spark email client for the Mac
Startups & Ecosystems
- Lithuanian-founded TransferGo has expanded to India, the Philippines and Ukraine
- Russia’s food giant Cherkizovo teams up with Skolkovo to launch startup accelerator
- Ukrainian startups awarded at international contests
- Russian researchers promise to slash cost of smartphone display manufacturing
- Organisation of Islamic Cooperation teams up with Russia’s IT Park to launch a startup accelerator
- Polish <IN>FERENCE brings together IoT community from CEE
- Rostelecom and Russian Venture Company will launch a new €22 billion VC fund
Funding Rounds and M&A
- On-demand ride service Gett receives $100 million loan from Russia’s Sberbank
- Latvian startup Giraffe360, a virtual tour technology builder, has secured a €500,000 investment
- Russia’s Primer Capital has invested $150,000 in Mindera
- Belarus-based Wargaming tanks up its mobile arm with Boomlagoon acquisition
- Russian investor Alexander Rumiantsev has purchased a 10 percent stake in a Belarusian startup Teleport
- Russian marketing tech startup Rocket10 secures $3 million from Finstar
- Russian investor Boris Zhilin has poured some €734,000 in Napopravku
- Messenger Viber aims to connect business with public in Ukraine
- Ukraine’s Readdle has released its Spark email client for the Mac
- Yandex is busy with developing a project management tool, a telemedicine software suite, and a non-free “business search engine”
- Russia set to become Blablacar’s largest market in 2017
- Alibaba to develop logistic services in Russia
Governments and Policy
- Internet “not free” in Russia, says US watchdog
- Google has filed a lawsuit against Russia’s antitrust body FAS
- Bitcoin is legal by default in Russia, confirms a new federal tax document
- Jolla’s Sailfish OS is now certified as Russian government’s first ‘Android alternative’
- Web Summit 2016: More sun, more fun, more Ukrainian startups
- Lithuania: Up-and-coming startup ecosystem with talent and ideas
- LinkedIn blocked in Russia: A welcome warning for global players?
- Ukraine’s tech ecosystem equation: Product + Outsourcing = ?
- Social media use: Instagram in Russia
- Inside Russia’s Creepy, Innovative Internet