Welcome to today’s edition of the ProCEEd > Newsletter!
Things seem to be going quite well for startups from Central and Eastern Europe so far—scroll down to check out some funding rounds, M&A, awards, and much more.
Enjoy reading, and have a good week!
Ukrainian-founded game analytics startup Mobalytics has won TechCrunch Disrupt
Romanian-founded interactive video ad startup Brainient has been acquired by Teads
Startups & Ecosystems
- Ukrainian-founded game analytics startup Mobalytics has won TechCrunch Disrupt
- US government fund WNISEF to invest $5 million in Ukrainian IT startups
- Ukrainian developer team Turbo Rocket Games has won Google’s 2016 AdMob Student App Challenge with its online animal simulator game Dragon Sim Online
- Moscow accelerator GVA has introduced Indian startups to the Russian market as the two countries bolster business ties
- Startup Sauna coaches have visited Budapest for the 8th time
- Idea Challenge calling all Romanian early stage startup projects
- CESAwards 2016: Breaking walls and building bridges in Central and Eastern Europe
- PwC has launched its startup accelerator program in Warsaw
- Ukrainian multimillionaire Vasyl Khmelnytsky is building an “IT school of the future” near Kyiv
- Russia’s Rusnano and Sistema join forces to invest up to $100 million in Russia, Europe and Israel
Funding Rounds and M&A
- Ukrainian-Dutch startup GitLab has raised $20 million in Series B funding
- Romanian-founded Brainient has been acquired by Teads
- Russia’s FRII and Igor Ashmanov have invested more than €820,000 in Metacommerce
- Russian-founded VC fund Almaz Capital has made an exit from Sensity Systems, which was acquired by Verizon
Governments and Policy
- Tragedy strikes in Russia as the government blocks access to Pornhub
- How to scale outside of the CEE?
- Startup Macedonia, accelerating the Macedonian startup scene
- Romania-based Zeno Popovici: “How Google obliterated my 4 year old Chrome extension featuring 24k+ users”