Welcome to today’s edition of the ProCEEd > Newsletter that brings you up to speed with the most recent developments on the CEE tech scene.
The past week was quite good for startups from the region, with a few of them scoring sizeable funding rounds and joining a renowned acceleration programme. Don’t forget to check out the long reads section at the bottom, it has a bunch of nice feature stories.
Enjoy reading, and have a great week!
TMT Investments has sold part of its stake in Ukraine-based Depositphotos for $5.9 million, valuing the company at $82 million
Russian-American Scentbird has raised $2.8 million in funding from several investors, including TMT Investments and Vaizra Investments
Startups & Ecosystems
- TMT Investments has sold part of its stake in Ukraine-based Depositphotos for $5.9 million, valuing the company at $82 million
- Romanian students fill the gap between studentship and employment by building a hub
- Ukrainian “innovation space” HUB 4.0 has launched a business incubator
- Business Incubator Novi Sad, Serbia, offers strong support for local startups
- Ukrainian startup DelFast aims to bring fast and ecological delivery to European cities
- Two Lithuanian startups — Pipelinepharma and Whatagraph, — have joined a new batch at Rockstart Accelerator
- Latvian Business Angel Network (LATBAN) is up and running
Funding Rounds and M&A
- Startup Revolut with Russian roots has attracted £1.7 million in funding
- Russian-American Scentbird has raised $2.8 million in funding from several investors, including TMT Investments and Vaizra Investments
- Romania’s biggest real estate portal Imobiliare.ro has been acquired by the Swiss Group Ringier for €21 million
- China’s Rex Global Entertainment Holdings will buy a 30% stake in Russia’s Yota Devices for $46.2 million
- Ukrainian VC fund TA Venture has participated in a €5.5 million funding round for Berlin-based Data Artisans
In Other News
- Six Slovak startups to watch in 2016
- Successful CEE startup founders at E-commerce Berlin Expo
- Battle for Russia’s IT market: Can local developers stop global giants?
- Super awesome battle tank wars: Behind the Russian-Belarusian rivalry for the hearts and minds of the world’s video-game nerds
- Where can you buy and charge a Tesla Model 3 if you live in the CEE region
- World of Tanks shows Belarus potential beyond Soviet-era farms