Welcome to today’s ProCEEd > Newsletter!
Check out the most significant tech news from CEE, including but not limited to funding rounds, policy changes, startup announcements and highly recommended long reads.
Enjoy reading, and have a good week!
Polish storytelling software startup Prowly has raised $1.1 million
Hyperloop is in talks with an investor to introduce sonic speed train in Russia
- Croatian startup AgentCASH has made it to the TechStars Barclays accelerator in London
- ABC’s Demo Day in Ljubljana shows how we can all live smarter and healthier
- Ukrainian tutoring platform startup Preply has entered Brazilian market
- Polish storytelling software startup Prowly has raised $1.1 million in seed funding
- Russian startup Easy Ten has entered the 500 Startups accelerator in the US
- TechHub Riga has announced the 10 teams of TechHub Academy 2016 that will compete for pitching at TechChill Baltics
- The founders of Labs of Latvia have left the team due to internal disagreements
- Russia’s Skolkovo and France’s EDF team up to develop new energy efficient solutions
- Groupon has shut down its office in Ukraine
- Hyperloop is in talks with an investor to introduce sonic speed train in Russia
- Ukraine-based KeepSolid has released Phones, an iOS app that allows users to buy and use phone numbers in virtually any country
Governments and policy
- Rutracker.org, the world’s largest Russian-language torrent tracker, has deprived copyright holders of the ability to delete illegal downloads
- Russian government is considering dissolving Rusnano and Skolkovo due to their inefficiency
- Stanfy CEO Andrew Garkavyi: “Of the world’s top mobile developers, almost a quarter have offices in Ukraine”
- Six Russian tech prodigies according to Forbes
- 5 Romanian Startups Showcased at DLD
- International investors reveal their favourite trends of 2016 – and tell which Russian startups we should follow
- Hyperloop: made in CEE?
- Ukraine has a chance to become world-class IT destination
- I spent three days checking out Kazakhstan’s tech scene