Welcome to the fresh edition of the ProCEEd > Newsletter!
As usual, today you’ll find the recent news stories from the CEE tech scene, as well as a few longer reads and the podcast. The guest of today’s podcast is Oleksandr Shymanko, an 18-year-old entrepreneur from Ukraine, whose Pi Pillow has won the Audience Award at the Falling Walls Lab 2015 contest.
Check it out:
Now, enjoy reading and listening, and have a good week!
Google Campus Warsaw and Innovation Nest have announced their first joint program
Belarusian Wargaming has participated in a $4 million funding round for the Twitch rival, Hitbox
- How to Web Startup Spotlight brings together 32 tech startups
- Google Campus Warsaw and Innovation Nest have announced their first joint program with a tailor-made Startup Accelerator: Growth!
- Poland-based Kontakt.io calls on developers to unite and join the biggest beacon hackathon in history
- Ukrainian startup Pi Pillow has won the Audience Award at the Falling Walls Lab 2015 contest in Berlin (check out this week’s podcast for details)
- Polish startup community will beat for charity
- €40 million in investment ready for Balkan startups
- Grupa Onet.pl has taken over Business Insider license in Poland
- Uber has launched in Minsk, Belarus
- Russia’s online dating market consolidates: Mamba has acquired Teamo
- Belarusian Wargaming has participated in a $4 million funding round for Hitbox
- Russian online video streaming platform Ivi.ru has launched in Ukraine
- ‘No, thanks,’ responds Yandex to government assignment to operate in Iran
- Equity crowdfunding going fully digital in Estonia
- Internet no longer free in Russia, says US watchdog
In other news
- “The IT industry is developing more actively than ever,” says Dutch businessman in Ukraine
- Russian scientists have successfully implanted the first 3D-printed thyroid gland
- From cancer-sniffing knives to Prezi: Why Hungary’s startup scene is kicking up a gear
- From import substitution to autarky to military confrontation? Russia’s high tech strategy in questions
- Investors feel the impact of Hungary’s brain drain
- Something is accelerating in Budapest
Image credit: Александр Кузнецов